19 June, 2008

Stitching Blogger's Question of the Week June 18th

This week's SBQ is:

Do you currently subscribe to any stitching publications or have you
in the past? (Either in print or online) If so, which ones?


No.

In the past I used to buy magazines, but too often they were filled with patterns that didn't suit my taste., so it wasn't worth getting a subscription.    Now I only buy magazines very occasionally if there's something in it of interest.  The last magazine I just purchased was the back issue of Sampler & Antique Needlework Quarterly (summer 2007) because of the knottedoek pattern that I want to make and would love to see hanging in my home.

Buying patterns is preferable to me, what you see is what you get, and they take up less space than a collection of magazines.  Not that I don't have any: I have a large collection of Rowan knitting books, Spin-Off and Vintage Quilts.  The preference for separate patterns also comes from the fact that when moving home in the past across oceans, I ended up ripping the magazines apart, saving only those patterns that I wanted to keep in a binder.  Now, in a effort to finish what I start, and keep my stash under control, I've become very careful with what comes into the house.  After all, I'd prefer to enjoying decorating my home, or making someone happy with the real thing and not dreaming about it when looking at a picture.

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

My "wacky" group subscribe to various mags for the year, discuss what we like and don't like, share things from each mag and unsub if the mag doesn't suit us in the end. So far that has worked...There are nine of us so we get a good idea of what's going on.

Heidi said...

Hey my dear!
That's a great idea! In our little quilting group we also share patterns and books, and there's always something that one of discovers that the other's don't know, so we keep learning that way. Isn't all the positive sharing a wonderfully inspiring energy?

hugs!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails