08 May, 2008

at the midnight quilting bee



There's basically one or two shops where I go for not only necessary supplies and beautiful fabrics, but for advice, talk and a smile. 't Quiltgebeuren is one of those places where I feel welcome and am able to share my ideas and Wil and the girls are always enthusiastic and know how to fuel those creative juices even more.
A few weeks ago, they hosted a midnight quilting event where a mystery object is made in one evening. Participants are welcome to bring snacks and munchies, and it's a great opportunity to meet new people.

On this evening, we had a guest teacher show us how to make a, well, piecing folder...
You could pick out a fabric, and while sampling wonderful pies, cakes, petit-fours, and other yummies, we cut, glued, had clueless moments, lots of story stelling and laughter, and ... tah dah! An A4 sized folder that when opened reveals a cutting mat, a soft foam surface and underneath the (pink) foam, sandpaper to aid in drawing templates on fabric. The outside is farbic, with batting in between so you can iron your pieces on it.



Well, move over Clover is all I have to say! This is much nicer than what they have to offer, and in a fun fabric too!
Everyone enjoyed the evening and there's no doubt that this will travel to my quilting bees and many other places to aid me in my quilting endeavors! Thanks Wil for a fab evening and I can't wait what surprise you have next in store for us!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails