08 June, 2007

Stitching Blogger's Question of the Week June 6th

This week’s SBQ was suggested by Ish and is:

What has been your most challenging project and why?

Gee, I'm relatively new to this stitching business, so I still have a lot to learn! Although I have "Dutch Beauty" or "Hollandse Schone", a large reproduction sampler lying in the closet for a few years now waiting to be completed, I would still have to say that my current project, the Red & White sampler the most challenging project is. Why? For me it's an exercize in being able to work freely, without planning. Sounds easy, but for so long I've been making things from patterns, to exact specifications, in my knitting and (a bit less) with quilting, I wanted to do something different and try something new.

I hope this will help me with my other crafts, so I can be able to work more spontaneously, less fearful of "getting it right".

So now it's no deciding in advance what I'll stitch next, just finish one motif, and see what fits next, what I feel like. It's fun, freeing, and I won't know what the end product is until it's complete. An exciting prospect for one who is used to already knowing how the story ends.

1 comment:

ellen said...

I just came across your blog and have enjoyed reading many of your entries. Your stitching is so lovely! I have a very good friend who loves to cross stitch. I've never tried it and think that I would get lost and/or cross eyed. I enjoy reading about Darwin. He looks like such a character..full of life and with a cheerful disposition. It is amazing how strong dogs can be even as pups. When our Newfoundland Cleo was a puppy she could almost drag me anywhere she wanted! I'll be back to visit. Thanks.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails