16 February, 2007

Stitching Blogger's Question of the Week

Do you like to buy "chartpacks" that include charms, buttons, and/or beads or do you prefer to gather all materials yourself?

I only own one chartpack that has all the bottons included. Since I've just begun stitching again, I'm really not all that up on all the latest, and the charts that I do have are from purchases made a few years back, so for now, let's just say I'd buy it only if I found all the additions perfect fot that project.

I'm a fan of the classics: beautiful linens and thread!

3 comments:

Linda Blakely said...

Personally, I prefer to gather everything myself. Sure it would be a challenge to work with what you're given, but I like doing things the easy way ;-)

marni said...

I love Just Nan cross stitch patterns and they usally come in kits with everything including the accent beads and an overly adequate supply of all the threads. It's along the lines of instant gratification.

Apropos of this, I saw a "jelly roll" of fabric, which was a 2 1/4" strip of the width of each bolt in a fabric line, all rolled up together like a giant cinnamon roll. My first thought was "woven rag rugs." You can tell I'm not a quilter but I did find some very cool retro pink prints so I an make pink "bike heads" (do rags for bike riders under the helmets) for the up coming breast cancer ride in May.

Anonymous said...

I'm warry of "kits" with everything you need included inside. more often than not, I won't absolutly love their color scheme or notions, and I'd hate to have something that was exactly the same as someone else's, especially since i want to say "I made this myself" at the end of the project.
recently two women in my guild were making quilts from "kits" and found that the fabric inside wasn't enough to complete the project!! how terrible.

so yeah, I'm all for collecting things on your own.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails