03 February, 2007

red & white sampler


a free sampler, originally uploaded by Monkicat.

As a first-time member of a friendship sampler "round robin", and having studied some newly acquired books on the subject, I've decided to give it a go and make my own classic red & white sampler.

The idea is not to work from a pattern, but to just start and see where it takes me. Lots of letters, borders and symbols will create a lively stitched "patchwork". Or so I hope....

No, I haven't abandoned my patchwork! Just taking a bit of a break to learn something new. Doing this sort of things inspires me in ways I only realize when working on something completely unrelated.

It's really cool..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you just inspired me to make a sample quilt, all embroidered that is....

Heidi said...

Oooh! what a great idea! I can't wait to see what you come up with!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails