14 February, 2007
Well, that was that! My first border on my first sampler "round robin" is completed! My contribution are the little green squirrles. It was a surprisingly difficult theme, so difficult to find oak leaves, acorns, or anything that would fit in this border sampler! A learning experience it was too. It's been many, many moons since I've done cross stitch, so it took a bit of fumbling and fiddling to get used to the way Alie's stitches crossed, and deciding whether I would work horizontally or vertically. The back is not the way I'd like it to look, but the front is neat.
Now that I've got that out of the way, I can begin working on my red & white sampler! Yippee!...or so I thought....
I'm helping Nicole (our stitch leader) make a log cabing quilt! Yes, another one! This time a true scrap log cabin made up of many, many reproduciton fabrics. I've showed her how and she's already made a few blocks and they are wonderful.
It's a simple block, but the log cabin never ceases to surprise me! As soon as I've made a few I'll post.
Well, back to the sewing machine. It's a drizzling, grey cold & day here in Holland. Perfect for making beautfiul things.