03 June, 2011

Beyond the Cherry Trees Block #3, and some of #4

This should have been posted a few weeks ago, but I was too busy cleaning my sewing room, which with a big helping hand from a non-quilting friend of mine finally got done this week!  All the fabrics in my closet are sorted by color, and tools and trinkets have their place.  What a chore!  Yuck!  But Oh, what a feeling when it's done, and everything is clean and in place!  I can tell you, even though I haven't made as much sewing progress as I would have liked to, it sure feels good to get that project out of the way!

I have another excuse why ( besides thinking I should rather be sewing that taking out my camera to take pictures)  nothing's been posted:  I've not been happy with Block #3 and how it came out!  
Did have to remind myself that this was a learning quilt, so after leaving it alone for a while, I decided to keep it, and just push on.....


No, I don't feel like pulling out the iron to flatten this one, you're just going to have to make do...

All in all, those fiddly-fingers were a pain-in-the-patootie,  but it's all behind me now, and Block #4 is prepped and looking a bit scruffy from traveling...



...nothing an iron won't sort out.
Although I made a start, it's on hold for a moment while I plunge into a new project:


Can you guess what it is?
It feels great to give the sewing machines a rest, and go old school.  Working with needle and thread, stitching in lost moments or while chatting with friends.  I love that.  

Speaking of which, the sun is shining here, and it's warm, with a gentle breeze - you don't mind if I go outside and stitch a bit would you?
I'll show you my new endeavor very soon, promise!



2 comments:

Nancy said...

Great job on your Cherry Tree quilt especially those pineapples. I made them and then decided not to put them in the quilt.

Janine said...

Hi sweetie,

eindelijk zeg!!!!
wat zijn ze toch mooi die blokken, het is inderdaad heerlijk om even met de hand te werken, dat doe ik op dit moment ook.

See you tomorrow
bye bye
janine

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails