18 December, 2010

3 done, 1 to go!

I must be the worst blogger around!  It's been very hectic around here, and time to photograph and think of something sensible to say just wasn't working.  But that doesn't mean I haven't been busy on the quilting end!
I'm happy to say that I did manage to complete yet another project for the New Year's Even UFO challenge!  Here it is:

 "shoo!"

A little quilt done in the liberated style from my bits and scraps.  It was really good fun to make and looking at it now, I think putting the block on point would've been a good idea as well, but at the time I just wanted to put the little shoo-fly blocks together quickly.  I do just love that paisley border fabric don't you?  Those were the last bits left from my "Chicken Soup" quilt. 
As for the machine quilting, I'm still working on getting my head around free-form machine quilting.  I would've preferred to do it for the whole quilt, but my machine acted up again, creating little loops in the back and shredding thread!  I gave up and quilted the center using straight lines....
All in all I like this little quilt, and it gave me plenty of ideas to do for the next time when I make something liberated, which if the stars are aligned properly, will be soon!

till then,

5 comments:

Finn said...

And here I am to say "well done"! Quilting is a process, and continues to give us the chance to learn how to do more and more things! The straight line quilting is just fine, FM will come in time and if the machine co-operates! I think it's a wonderful quilt, very lively and happy....good job Heidi! Hugs, Finn

Rhonda said...

Hi Heidi! Congratulations on a finished project!!!!

Dionne said...

Well done, you've really gotton a lot done! Cheers,
Dionne

Amy Seven-Stitches said...

It's lovely to see something through to completion. It's such a great pattern. I was racking my brain to think of something suitable for a friend's baby quilt. Perhaps I should give this a go.

Heidi said...

Love this and the other two UFO challenges. They are wonderfully scrappy!

Hugs en groetjes ~
Heidi

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails