05 November, 2010

pulling, shoving, bunching....

Pffft!
I love my craft, but this can make me grumble...
...but I'm in that "must. finish. now." mode, and this is quilt number two....(out of four)

So, while the water slides down the window, the wind thumps against the house, like the big bad wolf, I  sing, hum, and bop to my favorite tunes while trying to get through quilting this mass of fabric!


Since the quilt is made up of very busy fabrics and my machine has decided to shred my Yli cotton thread when I attempt to free motion quilt ( yes, I will bring it back to the Sewing Machine Guy ), I'm doing a simple all-over 60-degree diamond pattern.


You can see the paper tape I used here to get me started.  Once that first line is done I'll use the guide to help me to the rest of the lines.

The stitch-in-the-ditch foot is very handy here.  I use the "skate" to follow the line exactly.

You know, it's not all that bad really, I just need to get into a groove, have my tea and music nearby and remind myself that just because I'm sitting behind a sewing machine, doesn't mean things will or automatically have to go faster! Repeating that to myself today while puling, pushing, adjusting, propping and bunching the quilt through my machine, made it go a little easier...a little.......

Have a great weekend my friends!
( I'm heading back to my machine......)

3 comments:

Amanda Jean said...

have fun quilting! it looks like a monster to quilt. i wish you the best!

Ageeth Dorsman said...

Who said the life of a quilter would be easy?

Anonymous said...

I can truly sympathize. All of us quilters can. This is why there are so many "longarmers" out there. However...I prefer to do it myself, like you. May God bless you while you are in this process.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails