03 May, 2010

Veldhoven 2010

We couldn't have asked for a more beautiful day to head out to the European Quilt Championships in Veldhoven.  There were beautiful quilts to see...



















...details that caught my eye...






















In the paper bag: a pallet of Japanese fabrics and shot cottons from Kaffe Fasset, for a modern wall quilt.  Oh, and I couldn't wait - they're already cut up and on my brand new design wall - thank you Ro!
A cute little "Basket & Stars quilt pattern.
...and a stack of some solids from India out of my stash that I'm auditioning with the solids I bought.


















a beautiful pallet of hand dyed and printed linen fabric from a German Artist.


But the weekend didn't end there...
Sunday I got together with some friends with our Featherweights to begin work on Droomdekentjes.
These are quilts made for children who are seriously ill, suffer from a life-threatening disease, and or have suffered from a trauma be it physically or mentally.  The quilts are there to offer comfort and everyone is welcome to donate supplies for quilt making, blocks, or an entire quilt.
Armed with scraps, a production line was sent up and our little machines were humming away!  I'll post soon with the our simple but heartfelt results.

All in all, a wonderful weekend, filled with quilty goodness!
I'm off now to unpack, and get ready to do some stitching on this cold and rainy day.  It really is a day for some chicken soup made from scratch!

I hope you all had a great weekend...do anything cool?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely show and a great find for your stash. Super shopping!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Those are some impressive quilts and love the fabrics too!
One day, when I have extra free time, I will have to learn how to quilt!
Happy Mother's Day!
Love you,
Jane

Janine said...

hoi Heidi,
het was zeker een waanzinnige tentoonstelling in Veldhoven maar jij hebt ook waanzinnige mooie stofjes aangeschaft zeg prachtig het zal ongetwijfeld weer wat moois worden "big hug" groetjes janine

Marianna Papagiannopoulou said...

Nice post! I like your blog!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails