26 March, 2008

SBQ of the Week: March 26, 2008

This week's SBQ is:

When you stitch a pattern that you have downloaded do you print out
the pattern or do you stitch directly from your computer screen?

Print it out.

The computer sits on a proper desk with a proper computer chair in it's proper computer room. The room for stitching standards is dark as no direct sunlight comes in. Although I spend much time with my computer, using it and needing it for many things - including downloading patterns for not only stitching, but for other crafts, the thought of trying to get comfy-cosy by sitting in front of a glowing screen to read off a pattern is something my normally adventurous self just would not do - no, wouldn't even bother trying!

Of all my crafts, stitching is probably the most private and intimate activity. The delicacy of the work, the focus needed ( or wanted perhaps ) to create and place each stitch - for that I want and need to be in a different place with a different atmosphere. In order to do that, the pattern has to be printed out. Besides, what if I want to take the project with me? Stitch with friends, or like my cat, move to different places in the house following the sun?

Nah - I love my Mac, it's an indispensible part of my life ( alas! ), but I don't love it THAT much to have to spend even more time than I already do staring at its' screen.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails