04 February, 2008

a virtual accomplishment...



Not only have I been working on real-life projects, I've been fiddling with creating things in Second Life as well. In this case, pillows. Here my first efforts and let me tell you - it's much easier manipulating fabrics by hand, real hands! After many suggestions from friends in SL asking me when I was going to try to make something, I went for it. There's so much more to learn yet, but up until now it's been exciting, frustrating, and lots of fun when the end result looks like what you had in your head.

It's not the same as creating in real life - nothing can beat that, but hey, at least the braincells are being stimulated in a new way and more importantly, it's inspiring new projects, color-ways and styles for new real life quilts to come...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails