04 February, 2013

a UFO finish.....

It's been a quiet and difficult time here lately trying to deal with the loss of my best friend.
How life changes!  A whole new routine has to be created, and you miss lots of the old routine, the things that brought comfort, the passing of time, the rhythm of things..

I can't tell you how grateful I am for having something to pour my thoughts and focus into during troubled times.  Quilting is that for me without a doubt.  There's a baby quilt waiting desperately to be finished as baby Nova is already here, but I won't work on it.  Energies and all that.

So I took it out on a UFO that's been hanging around taking up valuable closet space.  Looking back at my project notes the top was completed in a weekend during December 2009 (!!) I didn't put too much effort into it, it was just something to finish and get it out there to live on the couch or bed during this cold winter.  I finished it Sunday afternoon, and tossed it straight into the washer and dryer.  It didn't ravel as much as I'd hoped, but I'm sure with progressive washings it'll look more "loved".

So there you have it.
Bullseye quilt.  Done.




Now back to the quilt waiting patiently folded on top of a standing quilt hoop.  Two-thirds of the quilt is done and then I can check this one off the list too....see a pattern here?


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry for your loss. I totally understand about emotions and energies when making something for someone. I had to stop working on a quilt, I'm a hand quilter, because I was feeling anger towards the recipient. I'm finally at a place where I think I can work on it again. I'm so glad you are waiting on the baby quilt until you are feeling better.

Shelly

Janine said...

Heej Heidi,
Ik hoop dat je op deze manier steeds een stapje verder komt, je weet het he ik denk aan je! deze quilt is weer een plaatje geworden, en voor mij echt heel herkenbaar.
Veel plezier ermee.
hugs......

Rhonda said...

Greetings Heidi. I'm sending warm thoughts your way.
You are so right, throwing yourself into all the quilting projects can be healing and mindless when you really do not want to think.
Take care, my friend!!

Jen said...

Sorry to hear this from you Heidi. Doing your Quilting is soothing and brings warmth and love.

Amy Seven-Stitches said...

I love your bulls eye quilt. I that from Aunt Amy's Quilts? I remember the title was something with Aunt Amy in it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails