09 April, 2013

Lollipop Trees

Yep, a new project.  And one that I've been excited to get started on.
The Lollipop Trees Quilt by Kim McClean.  Some of you may remember that I had begun preparations on the Roseville Album Quilt, but other projects with deadlines got in the way.  In the meantime,  priorities have changed, and the "to do" list has been re-drafted.  Working on the Lollipops is a way for me to work with wonderful colors, and it's an easy quilt to applique, leaving some energy over to work on some other projects  ( or so she thinks...)

6 background blocks are prepared and stitched with a central cross done by machine to help with placement. I'm starting with block #1, and using the starter pack I purchased for the Roseville Album quilt.  Just a few minutes of play and I already know that I'll be adding to this pack!



...and now the hardest part of making this quilt I think....


color selection!



warm and cool?



oh my, low contrast...hmm...now what?
let the texture do the talking?

Lots to think about, lots to play with.  Easy?  Hmmm...nope!  Fun?  Yes!
Just hope I can get at least one block prepared so that I have something to bring to the Kim McClean Bee in Haarlem's De Sampler's next session.  I've missed two meetings and can't wait to finally join these kind and creative ladies again and share in the fun!

In the meantime, I'm off to ponder some more colors.....


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails