06 November, 2011

World Championships Squash 2011

Could have stayed home and spent a lovely afternoon with my quilting friends at the Camelot Bee,
Could have spent the evening getting the the end of my Mariner's Compass blocks,
Instead I went with Mr. Between Stitches to the World Championships Squash in Rotterdam held in the very lovely Luxor Theatre. ( bad iPhone photos to follow)

(star dancers...who, once in the box, couldn't get out...)

The thought crossed my mind to take some sock knitting with me....but I couldn't find the one I was working on.  I even thought about taking some hand stitching with me, but that didn't last as the lighting would be bad,

( blindingly fast games...)

I gently suggested that perhaps he'd like to go with one of his squash buddies, who really understood the game ( to me it was merely fly swatting in a box) but the tickets were bought with me in mind, wich included evening of dinner and spending time - just the two of us....


(entertainment during the break.....)


So I armed myself with tic-tacs and rolls of salty licorice, and settled in my seat, took a breath,
and ended up getting into this incredible game of skill, speed, stamina, and strategy, and had a fabulous time! I was calling shots, and hooting and cheering with all the rest to the pleasant but quizzical surprise of Mr. Between Stitches.   He beamed, happy, and I think I've earned quite a few brownie points....(wink!)

What do you think?  shall I offer him to join me at an afternoon Bee, followed by a romantic dinner?  
Would that work?  Ok, I'll wake up out of that dream now....




2 comments:

Rhonda said...

Heidi, I loved reading your post, loved that you really got into the sport of. Good luck with invite to the quilting bee.... heheheheh

els bitter said...

Maybe he is in for going Dotty now?
We did have a lovely afternoon with a new lovely bloc.
I will bring my bloc to the christmasparty next sunday.
Love Els

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails