12 April, 2011

a new start, a new quilt

I spent the weekend making a start on the Beyond the Cherry Trees quilt.
It seemed the most simplest one to start with so I began with Block #2.
Because I'd like this project ready to take to my Bee, and easy to transport, I opted to try pre-basting the leaves, and using Roxanne's glue to hold them.  This way I can just grab my needle, thread and snips and get to sewing.

The background is Natural Moda Muslin, and I'm using Modas' Bella solids for the leaves.
This may become a test block as I'm still not sure if the muslin was a good idea to use, but that is what I had in my stash, so in my eagerness to get started, that is what I grabbed.....

I love this quilt just as it is, so I may just keep to the colors as they are in the actual quilt, including the faded cream colors.  Since I don't have all the fabrics yet, those plans could change....

Here's a picture of of where I am now...the very very beginning...


I'm really looking forward to learning a lot from making the quilt!

4 comments:

Rhonda said...

Hi Heidi,
I love seeing projects from beginning to end!

Janet said...

I'm starting another block for this quilt too, I chose simple as well. This is a nice one to stitch, I hope we get to see it soon.

Lurline said...

Lovely to have you join me thanks, Heidi - love your blog. Looking forward to good times!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Pinkadot Quilts said...

I stitched this one first too! It is a good simple one to do. have fun!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails