27 September, 2008

a quick gift

... of coasters in the colors of her home, made for a friend of mine - for her birthday, along with some other goodies tossed into a basket. These were made from Last-Minute Patchwork and Quilted Gifts : my first attempt in trying to make things other than quilts with my fabrics!

It's early evening here and the sun is that beautiful golden color that gives Fall that rich color - forgive the odd color of the photos....




I also picked up my backing, batting and thread for the Texas Star shown in the previous post, but will show a picture of that when the lighting is better - the sun is so golden that it looks like I'm on some planet in Star Trek, the glow is so odd! But pretty.

Anyhow, off to get ready for the party. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

These are great! I have a magazine clipping of these same coasters to try out one day. Don't tell but my Christmas gift for my quilt group exchange partner is going to be a set of 4 snowmen mugs with homemade coasters. Our theme this year is winter.

I have a UFO finish to share on my blog already. Yeah!

Hugs ~
Heidi

Anonymous said...

I want some of these!!! They are beautiful and would totally go in my yellow & blue French country kitchen/living room!!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails