07 August, 2007

Trollbeads

I've found something new and frivolous to get excited about: Trollbeads.

It all started when considering a gift for my daughter, who's turning sixteeen the 21st this month. I thought it was time for a more "serious" gift, something memorable, meaningful & personal. The classic charm bracelet came to mind, but upon seeing them in the jewelry shops, they looked flimsy, and visions of them breaking off and hooking onto sweaters and things immediately came to mind.

Then my eye caught these beads. Up until that moment I had completely forgotten that a good friend of mine had been given such a bracelet, each family member gifting her with a bead until it was full. I see it always on her arm, and each bead has a personal meaning to her and brings her pleasure every day.

The decision wasn't difficult to make and now, at the shop, the bracelet, and a glass bead waits for the other two silver beads on order. Dear Daughter will be able to create her own bracelet, special only to her. Did check first with and receive the enthousiastic blessing of one of her best friends - didn't want to go through all the trouble only to find it wasn't cool to have such a thing! I'm very excited and hope she'll be as well.

In the meantime, I've fallen in love with these beautful little sculptures too! Since my birthday is two days before, you can probably guess what I would like! A wish list is in the makng....

In case you're wondering what these Trollbeads are, here are some photos.....

2 comments:

a said...

I'm not 16, but I love them, and I'm sure your daughter will. Very thoughtful.

Linda O'Neill said...

Hi Heidi...found you through PoppyTalk. Love your blog and especially your dog!! What a cutie!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails