25 January, 2007

my first meme

Can't find where I got this to give it proper credit, as soon as I do i will! or please let me know! - but it was fun to do...

THE ABC’S OF MY QUILTING STYLE

A- Artist? Yes, I think so. Don't need to be hanging in a museaum in order to be considered an artist.

B- Best Blogging Buddies? Don't have any as yet - I'm new to this whole blogging thing.

C- Crazy or Sane Quilting? Hmm, A bit of both, I guess. I love to be spontaneaous in my creativity, but am still very much into using good technique.

D- Dyeing or Stamping? Haven't done any since many moons ago, but think I would like to try stamping. Probably would end up with more dye on me than on the fabric!

E- Essential Item? good light to work with!

F- Favorite Fabrics? Pfff....I'd have to think about that. At the moment it's Reproduction fabrics, but I'll jump through hoops for a a beautiful Japanese taupe or silks....

G- Great Quilt Design? A quilt that stops me in my tracks and then invites me to come closer. Log Cabin & Ocean Wave blocks keep fascinating me....

H- Hand or Machine Quilt? Hand. No question. Have no problem with using modern tech to make beautiful things, but I just prefer the way handwork looks. There's nothing like it!

I- Indispensable Notion? Hmm, just one? My needle puller I use when quilting. Then again, my little scissor is never far from my side...!


J- Janome or Bernina? Pfaff. But if I have to chose, Bernina.

K- Kits or Original Designs? Original designs. Nothing is more satisfyling to me than to sketch out my own design or block, find the right fabrics in the right colors! Otherwise, where's the excuse to shop?

L- Life in the Studio is? when I get to play and meditate...

M- Most Projects Made in One Year? Gee, I haven't counted...

N- Number of Gadgets? You're kidding me, right? You're asking me to count grains of sand!

O- OH, I wish I hadn’t. . . . .? cut all the fabric for a scrap ocean waves quilt...have a larger collection of fabrcs now and could have included them for more variety!

P- Pet Peeves about Quilting? Sandwiching a quilt. Yuck. All that crawling around the floor and basting...

Q- Quilt Show? Only go to the European Quilt Championships in Waalre, the Netherlands - love to go to Paducah one day though...! But if you're asking if I'd like to enter a quilt? Bit hesitant about that yet.....

R- Reason to Rip Out? If the work is not neat. I'm a stickler for neat work. It doesn't have to be perfect, but it should be neat and well finished.

S- Sewing or Knitting? Knitting was my passion for most of my life, but if you ask me now, it's sewing.

T- Tag, you’re it! If you haven’t already done this one, consider yourself tagged.

U- UFOs? Enough, but some of them are "on hold" until I decide what to do next.

V- Vexing Quilt Pattern? Gee, hasn't occured to me..hmmm..how 'bout a Japanese Puzzel? Seems a bit of a fuss to put that together!

W- Wishlist Item? a quilting frame

X- Xtra Fabric you will never use? Nothing yet!

Y- Your Biggest Goof? My very first quilt. The backing is too small, the batting is too much or too little on the sides - it's been laying quietly in the closet for me to get the nerves to fix the mess!

Z- Zip! (and voilá it’s done!) That would be my Texas Star that's patiently waitng for me to decide what to do with it next. I could finish it now and be done with it, but I have a feeling it's not "done' yet - Also, a little Japaenes bag I'm making! Thought that would be a few days work, but no, this one bit me in the nose!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails